Tuesday, August 24, 2010

We made It!!

After 14 hours in the air and about 24 hours of total travel time we made it to Uganda. I got to the airport in D.C. at 3:30 after a wonderful weekend with my cousins (thanks guys). Our flight left at 6:30 and we landed in Amsterdam 6 hours later. After about a 2 hour layover we took a 7 hour flight to Uganda. Once going through customs and getting our luggage we met USP staff and took a bus 2 hours to our University. I saw one of the cutest things at the airport in Entebbe, Uganda. A group of parents dropped their sons, who were all wearing matching shirts when much have been part of some group. The 15 boys, who must have been 6 or 7 were inside by the ticket counter and the parents were outside in the street. They all waved goodbye and smiled through the large class window as they went their separate ways. I think you may have had to be there...but trust me it was really cute. I am actually already moved into my dorm room, which took much less time and energy than my last two years at school. Unpacking all my stuff in the record time of 30 minutes. It's after midnight here and we have a full day tomorrow. Goodnight I'm going to go sleep under my mosquito net.

1 comment: