Sunday, May 29, 2011

Jakarta in not Indonesia

I have never been to a place like this before. Jakarta is seriously crazy. There are people, vehicles, buildings everywhere. It is so busy. I have been here for 3 days and I think that I have been to six different malls. There are shopping centers on every corner. The have stores like Gucci and Burberry. Each time we step into a new mall I ask the person I'm with rate this mall on a scale of 1-10 for niceness of malls in Jakarta. The mall I was in last night was very comparable to Mall of America. Right after malls is office building. Jakarta is filled with skyscrapers. I have been to two different campuses of JICF (Jakarta International Christian Fellowship), which is the church and both are located in beautiful office buildings.

So, yeah Jakarta is not Indonesia. I will eventually get to Indonesia, but right now I am learning what life is like in this city.

No comments:

Post a Comment